Complete Family Dentistry Blog - Waukesha , WI
Posts for tag: CEREC Restorations
CEREC stands for Chairside Economic Restorations of Esthetic Ceramics, and it is a system that uses state-of-the-art equipment to create a custom crown in a single appointment. Available here at Complete Family Dentistry in Waukesha, WI, CEREC crowns can restore your smile quickly and reliably. Read on to learn how Dr. Joel Jahimiak, Dr. Cathleen Meiling, and Dr. Kendra Daniels use these restorations to your benefit!
More about CEREC Crowns
With CEREC, there is no more multiweek wait for a crown to be created. While the dentist used to have to take impressions and molds of your teeth, send them to a dental lab where the crown would be made, and then cement the restoration into place, this several-appointment-process can now be completed in one visit thanks to CEREC.
Complete Family Dentistry creates life-like CEREC restorations for many patients, especially those suffering from some sort of dental emergency like a lost or broken crown.
The process is very simple:
- First the dentist takes x-rays of the damaged tooth or tooth to assess and deter if a more extensive procedure is first needed, like root canal therapy.
- The dentist then scans and photographs teeth to create a digital impression.
- The digital impression is sent to the CAD/CAM software machine.
- The software creates a digital tooth restoration.
- A milling machine receives the digital restoration and creates the crown out of a ceramic block in about 15 minutes.
- Your dentist polishes and paints the crown to match the rest of your teeth.
- The dentist cements the crown to your tooth.
- You walk out with a rejuvenated smile!
Need Dental Work? Give Us a Call
If you are interested in learning more about CEREC crowns and would like to speak with our team of dentists, don't hesitate to contact Complete Family Dentistry in Waukesha, WI, by calling our office at (262) 549-6850 today!